The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) commenced on 1 January 2014 and provides access to benefits for basic dental services to children aged 2-17 years.
The total benefit entitlement is capped at $1,000 per child over a two calendar-year period, and is means-tested, which requires receipt of Family Tax Benefit Part A (FTB-A) or a relevant Australian Government payment.
The CDBS provides individual benefits for a range of services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work.
For more information go to: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/child-dental-benefits-schedule
• They are aged 2 to 17
• They are eligible for Medicare, and
• You or your child are getting Family Tax Benefit Part A or certain other government payments.
1. Go to www.my.gov.au
2. Sign in with your email and password
3. Select Medicare
4. Select proceed to online account
5. Select child dental benefit scheme
6. It will than display your children who are eligible members
7. Select the child who you are wanting to make the claim for
8. Select you agree to the declaration
9. Then it will display the balance remaining for your eligible child.
Or call 132 011.
Complete the online form and one of our team will be intouch to confirm your appointment